Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My Current Reading List

Here is a list of the next few books I will be reading and most likely reviewing. 


Fallen by Lauren Kate

             Fallen is the book I am currently reading. I have this book out on a loan. So far I'm a little confused the story is very mysterious. I've read a lot of positive and negative reviews for this book. It seems like one of those books everyone either loves or hates. I'm going into it with an open mind and hopefully I wont end up regretting reading it! Haha!



Jagged Little Edges by Lorelie Rozzano 

             This will be the next book I read. Its about drug addiction which a completely foreign topic to me. I'm looking forward to exploring a world that is new to me but hopefully not too depressing! I'm curious to see how this story will end. Find it on amazon. 


\

The Julius Romeros Extravaganza (Part 1 The Bearded Girl) 
by Hayley Lawson-Smith

            This book sounds like it has a really interesting plot. The story of a girl with whiskers. I am really looking forward to reading this historical fiction. Find it on Amazon.


Cruel Sister by David Conway

            This book sounds like a dramatic and riveting tale. I love books that have a lot of scheming and deception and it sounds like this book just might fit that bill. This book is currently only $0.99 on amazon. You can find it here


Evergreen Girl by Sybil Powell

             This book is about a sensitive girl thrown out of her family home and forced to be independent. It should be interesting to read about her highs and lows, successes and failures. I am excited to read what sounds like a lovely feel good story. Find it on Amazon

And I just might Read The Host

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

           I recently checked out this book in audio book format from the library. During the 2 weeks I had it out I only managed to get half way or maybe less of the way through it. I listened to it while driving on a long trip. It was kinda boring and I kept finding myself zoning out. There was this one part where she was walking through the desert and I thought "Wow I don't need to hear about every little detail of your super long boring walk." Anyway, I thought maybe it would be better if I read a print version of this book that way I can read it much faster than I can listen to it and just breeze through the boring bits. It seems really slow but that could have just been because I was listening to an audio book. So far I think the aliens in this story are huge hypocrites and I don't really think I will really enjoy this book but I'm willing to give it another try and I'll possibly review it. I'm on a super long wait list to get a kindle copy of the book from my local library. 




No comments:

Post a Comment