Saturday, April 13, 2013

Out of Time by Monique Martin (REVIEW)


Out of Time: A Time Travel Mystery

Author: Monique Martin
Category: Romance/Supernatural
Suitable for: 17+
My Rating: 3.5 Stars
Format Read for Review:  Kindle
Pages: 296

Description: A college professor and his aide accidentally travel back in time. Haunted by disturbing nightmares the professor fears for their safety as they wait for their chance to come back home.

In Short: This book has a pretty interesting story. The majority of it is set in the 1920s and it has a suspenseful plot. There is a sweet love story but if you aren't into romances you will find the middle part of the book to be boring and drug out. I thought the title was a little bit misleading because there wasn't a mystery to be solved and very little time traveling.

Pros: The character development in this book is wonderful. The characters are also unique and even though the main characters are opposites they compliment each other well and work together well. This book has a decent love story that will appeal to romance junkies.I thought the narrative was really great. It switched between characters to give you a broader picture of the story and also a better impression of the characters but without being redundant and repeating scenes. 

Cons: I thought the middle of this book was very slow and not a lot of exciting stuff happened until the end. This definitely wasn't one of those books that I just can’t put down. Because of all the little hints throughout the book you pretty much know what is going to happen. I thought the story had a lot of potential but I was disappointed by how it all played out. I don’t want to give any spoilers so I’ll just say I thought there could have been more time traveling, action and sleuthing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment