Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Blue Waters (REVIEW)


Blue Waters

Author:  India R Adams
Category: YA, NA, Romance, Fiction
Suitable for: teens+
My Rating: 5 Stars
Format Read for Review: Kindle
Pages: 112

Description: I honestly don't know how to describe this book. I don't want to use the description off Amazon either because I don't want you to get any spoilers. If you go on the ride that is this story without any previous knowledge of the plot you will truly enjoy the intrigue it has to offer. I will say it is about a girl named Whitney and her group of friends, her love story, and her devastating losses. It is a beautiful story.     

In Short: Stellar addition to the YA Romance genre. People who are fans of this genre will certainly enjoy this novel. It is a well written emotional roller coaster. It has an intriguing plot with tons of depth, a wonderful cast, great heroes and a sweet love story.  

Pros: This book is very well written and a quick read that is fast paced and full of action. The characters are charming and well developed. The love story although it starts off too fast reaches a point where it progresses at a perfect rate. What I love most about this book is how intriguing the story it. It stars off so mysterious and then starts solving mysteries for you while throwing shocking plot points at you. Absolutely wonderful. I was so surprised by many of the events that occurred. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be and it was a wonderful change of pace from other novels of the genre. Our heroine Whit is a very remarkable character. I truly sympathize with her because of all of the struggles she has had to endure. The great writing of the novel makes you feel hopeful for her despite her troubles, so it isn't at all depressing. With the plot as exciting as it is I could argue this is of the Thriller genre as well.

Cons: This isn't so much a criticism as a note. Like in many YA novels the characters fall in love instantly, this is just the style of YA Romance. I understand this happening because of the quick pace and shortness of the novel. I guess I would have liked to see some communication between the pair between the time they met and the time of their first date. Maybe seeing them connecting more and more via text messages before they fell in love on that first date would have added realism for me. However, the pace of the love story does improve and this doesn't ruin anything for me.    

Parent's Guide:  Some swearing, some violence (abduction), drug reference, sexual reference no graphic details. 


I was given a free copy of this book in return for my honest review.




No comments:

Post a Comment